Saturday, March 6, 2010

duct tape sculpture beginnings

the duct tape sculpture. here we go.
I went to home depot yesterday and gathered the first batch of materials needed for the project, I am building a VW bus.
There I found an incredibly nice man who helped me in the PVC section and was very interested in my project. He shunned a few other customers because we wanted to make sure I had what I needed. Evidently I had mixed up the types of PVC and things would have not fit each other later.


here is a look at the structure as well as a couple colors that duct tape prides themself on. There are many many colors. these are just a few of the unique ones, chrome, and two tiedies, there is plaid and camo and much more.




here is the stack of tubbing and connectors. my hands are already feeling the process - which in many ways is awesome because really I write too many papers when I want to be making things.
there are 6 pipes here, I already went back for 6 more 10 foot sections.

1 comment:

HRH Gigi said...

Oooh. Can't wait to see it!